Cuban Rhythms for Percussion and Drumset: The Essentials
By Aldo Mazza
- A clear step by step approach to learning authentic Cuban rhythms .
- Musical notation for each rhythm is included.
- Proven conga technique and conga language exercises included.
- Each rhythm includes a play-along audio track of the percussion section and drumset adaptation as a loop and in song- form.
- For the drumset player, exercises are included to develop the transitional preparatory techniques needed to adapt the traditional Cuban rhythms for drumset performance.
- 75 audio tracks recorded with top Cuban artists are included.
- 30 short video clips are included, demonstrating some basic fundamental and important techniques.
- The book includes many of the best known traditional Cuban rhythms as well as some of the newer styles such as the Songo and new developments in Timba.
- Charts and some full original songs are included which were recorded in Havana by the author and legendary drummer Giraldo Piloto and his 14 piece Timba group, Klimax.
- The book is aimed at all levels, from total beginner to professional.
- The book is designed as a manual for music educators to learn and help teach Cuban rhythms in a logical systematic approach.
Watch the review by Alfred Music on Facebook