I was born in the southern Italian region of Calabria, my parents moved to Ottawa when I was a child. Coming of age in the music scenes of Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and New York, I became active in Montreal and a member of the touring percussion ensemble REPERCUSSION. In the years since, Montreal has been my home and the world has been my office. With the support of my family, my outreach through drumming and percussion continues with performances, lessons and as both participant and producer of major musical events, in North America, Europe, South America and Asia.
- 4 World Tours on major concert stages
- Member of international touring & recording artist “Répercussion”
- Many radio and television appearances, live CBC/Radio Canada recordings
- Special Concerts for many dignitaries including US. Presidents and Canadian Prime Ministers
- Performed or recorded over 100 CDs with artists such as Celine Dion, Aldo Nova, James Brown, Chris DeBurgh, David Amran, Alain Caron as well as major symphony orchestras including the Montreal Symphony, SMCQ (Quebec Contemporary Music Organization), and Jazz Festivals including the Montreal Jazz Festival,Hong Kong Arts Festival, and other world class events.
- Master clinician in Classical Percussion, World Music & Drumset
- Founder & Artistic Director of KoSA Communications and the KoSA International Percussion Workshops and Festivals
- Cofounder & Artistic Director of the KoSA Cuba Workshop and Festival
- Creator of KoSA Drumparties and coprorate drum events
- Composer, Record Producer, Publisher and Editor
- Director of Events Management Enterprise – KoSA Communications
- Subject of many articles in major magazines,books and newspapers including McLeans, Percussive Arts (PAS) ,la Scena Musicale, the Montreal Gazette, Modern Drummer Magazine
- Extensive 30 year touring and recording career
- Active interest in global cultures and their interrelationships
- Consultant to cultural entities
- Involved member of Canada’s artistic community
- Recipient of several Canada Council & Conseil Des Arts et Lettres du Quebec Research grants
- McGill: Bachelor of Music in Percussion, Minor in Jazz Performance
- Université de Montréal, Graduate Studies in Ethnomusicology
- Intensive private and summer study programs including: Banff, Eastman
- School of Music, Jamey Aebersold, National Stage Band Camps, Drummers Collective (New York).